Friday, August 8, 2014

I Did Not Marry GEJ's daughter for money - Son-in-law

 


             When Faith Sakwe and Godswill Osim Edward got married on April 12th in Abuja, some Nigerians reacted by calling the groom a ‘gold digger’ – according to them, he was marrying the president’s daughter for the financial gains rather than love.

Well, Godswill Osim Edward, the husband of President Jonathan’s daughter Faith Sakwe, has opened up on why he married her.

In a new interview with Ovation, Edward cleared the misconception saying:”What struck me was the humility of her parents, especially her dad. Both of them do not despise people and do not judge you based on your background. When I got to know her background, then I realized that indeed she was from a good home for her to have kept a low profile in school. I could see that she was indeed a replica of her parents. That is rare these days”

Speaking further, he revealed that as a young man he knew he would be great in life and so was in search of a homely woman who would help him manage the home front and raise God fearing kids.

“I can’t completely describe how I feel but I can tell you the various definitions of the word love can’t completely define our relationship in its entirety. It’s depth and experience and the utter completeness we find in each other. What I felt then and the way I feel now supersedes any adjective that qualifies love”

At the presidential wedding, a cathedral length train, 9 tier embellished wedding cake with Nigeria’s colours white and green, and thousands of distinguished guests amidst pomp, pageantry, and of course, an epic love that started in university, made it a grand affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment