Monday, June 22, 2015

Germany Releases Al Jazeera Journalist Ahmed Mansour

 Image result for Al Jazeera journalist Ahmed Mansour


                          German authorities have released Al Jazeera journalist Ahmed Mansour, who had been detained at Berlin airport at the request of the Egyptian government.
Accompanied by his lawyers, Mansour greeted his supporters after his release on Monday, and thanked the German court for its decision.


“I extend my thanks and appreciation to the honest and honourable judges of Germany,” he said in Arabic.

“Thanks to people around the world who supported me in the last days,” Mansour added. “I’m free, I’m free, I’m free.”

Earlier reports had said a court in Germany was about to consider Egypt’s request to extradite Mansour, one of the Arab world’s most respected journalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment