Friday, July 18, 2014

Meet The Lady Who Wants To Take Over Mercy Johnson's Carrier (See Photo)

                Ogunleye Oluwaseun Mary looks almost exactly like Mercy Johnson and once said the first time she saw the actress in a movie, she thought they were sisters. A reporter with E24-7 caught up with her, and his first reaction was are you Mercy Johnson? But a closer look and where he met her suggested she wasn't the one, but she sure has a lot of similarities with the actress. Check out her interview and similarities she thinks she has with Mercy Johnson after the cut.


Can you tell us a bit about your background?
I'm the second to the last born in a family of five. I attended the Lagos State Polytechnic where I studied Mass Communications.
You look a lot like Mercy Johnson and I'm sure you've heard that a lot; when did you actually become aware of it?
That was about two years ago when I watched a movie titled “The Maid” which starred Mercy Johnson, and I actually thought it was my sister because we really look alike, so I called her on the phone and told her I just saw her in a movie, but she said she wasn't the one. Even when I was studying for my National Diploma (ND), people in school used to call me Mercy Johnson.
Do you think you share any of her personality traits?
Hmm…yes! I like most of the roles she has acted. She's also confident and courageous which I am too.
You also want to become an actress, was it after you saw Mercy Johnson on screen that you developed the interest?
No, it has always been in me; I like acting.
If you get to meet Mercy in person, what would your reaction be?
I can't say what my reaction will be, but I know I will be so happy.
If you were giving an opportunity to act alongside Mercy Johnson, what role would you like to play?
Actually, I think any actor that is truly talented should be able to play any role.
Are your parents in  support of your acting career?
Initially, my dad did not support me, but I tried to make him understand that this is what I love, and he has also seen it in me that I have a flair for showbiz.
How do you feel whenever you read negative comments about MJ?
You know, people spread rumours, saying different kinds of things which are not true at times. However, it does not really bug me because I believe she's old enough to know what's good for her.
Don't you think Mercy could actually be your biological sister that you never knew about?
(Chuckles) I don't really think so.
We have seen cases of people undergoing cosmetic surgery just to look like their favourite celebs, would you consider enhancing your physique to look more like MJ?
No o. Simplicity is the best thing. If I really look like her, I don't need to add any other thing.
What do you like most about Mercy?

Her smile, the way she acts and talks…everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment