Monday, May 11, 2015

Ogun Monarch Denies Alleged Plot To Assassinate Prince

 


                    The Olowo of Owo  in Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State, Oba Patrick Fasinu, has refuted accusation that he was planning to assassinate a prince from another ruling house over the latter’s popularity.
The monarch made the denial at a reconciliatory meeting held at Owo Community High School in Oke-Odan on Saturday.

He swore by the throne that he never had such heinous intention.


The monarch was accused of planning  to assassinate Prince Segun  Rufai, who hails from the ruling house of the late Oba Babatunde Alao, who was one of the founding fathers of the Owo community.

The meeting,  which was  held at the instance of some  eminent personalities of the community, was used to settle the rift between the monarch and the prince.
ADVERTISEMENT

Rufai had also alleged he had received several threat telephone calls, warning  him to steer clear of  the alleged plans to  orchestrate the monarch’s removal as the Oba in the community.

He said, “A report got to me that the Olowo of Owo  said I would soon join my ancestors if I do not desist from my action that made people got attracted to me.

“Again, someone else called me three days ago to tell me that the Kabiyesi (monarch) was making moves to kill me because he had seen me as his rival, who wants to take over his throne.”

In his reaction, Oba Fasinu said, “I swear by the God of this land that I have never had a reason to think of evil against any indigene  of this community.

“All I want is the development of this community not for evil to befall anyone during my reign.”

No comments:

Post a Comment