Sunday, September 20, 2015

Why He Left Manchester United --Sir Alex Ferguson Reveals:

MANCHESTER UNITED legend Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed the reason why he retired from management.
The Scot, 73, ended his 27 year love affair with the Red Devils at the end of the 2012-2013 season after guiding the club to a record 13th Premier League title.

United have struggled to hit the dizzying heights they reached under Fergie and sacked his anointed replacement, David Moyes, nine months after his departure.

Ferguson has fond memories of his time at Old Trafford but has admitted he had to call time on his career as manager to spend more time with his wife Cathy – who he believed had become ‘isolated’ following the death of her late sister Bridget.

“I definitely would have carried on,” told the Telegraph.

“I saw she [Lady Cathy Ferguson] was watching television one night, and she looked up at the ceiling. I knew she was isolated.

“Her and Bridget were twins, you know?

“But when I told her this time I was going to retire she had no objection whatsoever. I knew she wanted me to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment