Monday, February 23, 2015

Two Students Charged With Kidnap, Rape Of Housewife In Jumeirah, Dubai


        Two students have been accused of kidnapping a housewife and raping her at knifepoint in a dark alley in Jumeirah.


The Sudanese duo, H.M., 19, and H.E., 23, were said to have forced the Emirati housewife, 22, to their car before driving off to a poorly lit area close to Mercato Mall in December 2013.
 There, they were believed to have threatened her with a knife and a sword before they undressed and raped her one at a time after midnight.
Prosecutors accused H.M. and H.E. of kidnap, rape at knifepoint and threat.

H.M. failed to show up before the Dubai Court of First Instance on Sunday and enter his plea.
H.E. argued before presiding judge Mohammad Jamal: “I am not guilty… I was not present when the alleged incident took place.”

“Did you kidnap and rape her or not?” presiding judge Jamal asked the defendant.

“I had nothing to do with this case,” replied the 23 year old in courtroom three.
According to the charges, prosecutors said the duo took advantage of the fact that the area where they stopped was poorly lit and empty before they had sex with the woman against her will.
The housewife testified to prosecutors that she was sitting at the entrance of the building where she lives in Al Bidaa Area when H.M. lured her to the car.

“He asked me to go with him for dinner, but I refused. Then he promised not to touch me and insisted that I join him. When I rejected his offer, he pulled me in by my hand into the vehicle that H.E. drove. H.M. threatened to pour a substance over me that causes tears if I opened the door… I felt scared.

“H.E. stopped before a house near Mercato Mall and stepped out of the car… H.M. asked me why I was scared and confused. When I asked him to take me back home, he refused. I got out of the car… and they walked me into the dark backstreets. H.M. asked me to have sex with them, but I refused. When I tried to run away, H.E. stopped me.

“I had earlier contacted 999, but the call remained on hold. Then they raped me consecutively… after which they left me and walked away. I lay on the ground, crying, until I spotted an Iranian person going out from a nearby house… he helped me and called the police,” claimed the woman.
The Iranian told the prosecutors that he found the Emirati crying around 1.30am.
A policeman testified to prosecutors that the woman told him that she got acquainted to H.E. via Blackberry.

“We summoned the defendants for questioning… they claimed that the housewife went with them for a car ride and offered to have paid sex with them. The duo alleged that they had consensual sex with her and that she fabricated the rape allegations because they did not pay her money.
 
The trial continues

No comments:

Post a Comment